Site Loader
#1500-701 W. Georgia Street,Vancouver, BC

Do you want to bring your parents or grandparents in Canada?

There are two choices:

  1. Super Visa
  2. Sponsor your parents and grandparents to become permanent residents.

What are the differences between those two options?

  • Status:
    • A super visa lets you visit your children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time. It’s a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years.
    • Sponsorship will grant the parents permanent resident cards.


  •  Processing time:
    • Super Visa usually takes about 64 days depends on the complexity of the individual case.
    • Sponsorship, on the other hand, takes 20-24 months until the parents/grandparents are approved as permanent residents.


  • Income Requirements for the Sponsor:
    • Super Visa: Sponsor’s most recently one-year income should meet the low-income cut-off line
    • Sponsorship: Sponsor (and your co-signer, if applicable) has to meet the income requirement for each of the 3 taxation years right before the date of your application.


* Feel Free to Contact us for more information!   *


– Imin Consulting (Canada), Ltd.
#1500-701 W. Georgia St
Vancouver, BC, Canada V7Y 1C6

Tel: 604.904.2233 | Fax: 604.608.9889


Post Author: IMIN