======== BC PNP is currently not accepting any application under the Semi-Skilled Worker stream ========
In February 2008, BC government announced about Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Pilot Project. This project was aimed for filling labour shortage in Tourism, Hospitality, Long-Haul Trucking and Food Processing. Initially, it was going to end by February 2010, but, because of demand, Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Pilot Project has become a permanent program.
6435 Hotel Front Desk Clerks
Tour and Recreational Guides and Casino Occupations
6441 Tour and Travel Guides
6442 Outdoor Sport and Recreational Guides
6443 Casino Occupations
Occupations in Food and Beverage Service
6451 Maitres d’hotel and Hosts/Hostesses
6453 Food and Beverage Servers
Food Counter Attendants, Kitchen Helpers and Related Occupations
6641 Food Counter Attendants, Kitchen Helpers and Related Occupations
Cleaners (employed directly by hotels/resorts)
6661 Light Duty Cleaners
6662 Specialized Cleaners
6663 Janitors, Caretakers and Building Superintendents
6672 Other Attendants in Accommodation and Travel: Doorkeeper, Hotel Guest Services Attendant
Other Elemental Service Occupations (employed directly by hotels/resorts)
6681 Dry Cleaning and Laundry Occupations (Hotels/Resorts only)
6682 Ironing, Pressing and Finishing Occupations (Hotels/Resorts only)
6683 Other Elemental Service Occupations: Attendant, Sauna Room (Hotels/Resorts only), Hotel Valet
- Operate articulated or multi-articulated heavy commercial vehicles (over 4,600 kg gross vehicle weight) on routes more than 160 km from home base
- Have at least two years employment experience as a long-haul truck driver in the three years prior to their application to the BC PNP
- Hold a valid BC Class 1 driver’s license
- If required, air brake endorsement and other certification
9461 Process Control and Machine Operators, Food and Beverage Processing
9462 Industrial Butchers and Meat Cutters, Poultry Preparers and Related Workers
9463 Fish Plant Workers
9465 Testers and Graders, Food and Beverage Processing
9617 Labourers in Food, Beverage and Tobacco Processing
9618 Labourers in Fish Processing
- The employer must be incorporated or extra-provincially registered or registered as a limited liability partnership in BC.
- The employer must have a permanent establishment in BC (“permanent establishment” has the meaning contained in the federal Income Tax Act).
- The employer must have been in operation in BC for at least one year (two years for the Entry-Level and Semi-Skilled Pilot Project); and must have at least five permanent, full-time employees (or full-time equivalents) in BC at the time the application is made to the BC PNP.
- The employer’s business must be financially sound and have a history of good workplace and business practices, including compliance with all applicable employment, labour, immigration, health, and safety laws and regulations.
- If the nominee applicant has an ownership stake in the employer, their share is less than 10%. Individuals who own 10% or more of the employer supporting the application are not eligible under the BC PNP
- Checklist – Download
- Nominee information Form – Download
- Guaranteed job offer Form – Download
- Fee payment Form – Download
The entire process would complete within from 14 to 16 months.