Site Loader
#1500-701 W. Georgia Street,Vancouver, BC

After graduating from university, many international students feel overwhelmed, struggling to understand what steps to take after receiving their degree. This short guide will explain what a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) is and why it’s a beneficial way to jumpstart your immigration journey.

What is a PGWP?

PGWPs are open work permits that international students can acquire after graduating from a Canadian designated learning institutions (DLIs). PGWPs allow you to work anywhere in Canada.

PGWPs are valid for between eight months to three years and are a great way to obtain valuable Canadian work experience.

Are You Eligible to Apply?

To receive a PGWP, you must meet all of the following criteria:

You have completed an academic, vocational or professional training program at an eligible institution in Canada that is at least 8 months in duration leading to a degree, diploma or certificate.

You have maintained full-time student status in Canada during each academic session of the program or programs of study you have completed

You have received a transcript and an official letter from the eligible DLI confirming that you have met the requirements to complete your program of study.

How to Apply?

After collecting all of the necessary documents (i.e. your transcript and an official letter from your school), you have 180 days to submit your application on the Government of Canada website.

Navigating a website can be a bit challenging at first, but don’t give up. You’ll get there.

If you want to receive some valuable help with this process, make sure to reach out to Imin Consulting, and we will assist you right away!

Need help with the process?

We realize that it can be a challenging and complicated process, so we are here to help!

If you need any assistance or further information on the application process, shoot us a message and we would be more than happy to be of service.

Post Author: IMIN

Leave a Reply