Canada Day is
the national day of Canada, A federal statutory holiday, t celebrates the anniversary of the July 1, 1867, coming into force of the Constitution Act, 1867 which united the three separate colonies of Canada, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick into a single Dominion within the British Empire called Canada. Originally called Dominion Day, the holiday was renamed in 1982, the year the Canada Act was passed. Canada Day celebrations take place throughout the country, as well as in various locations around the world, attended by Canadians living abroad.
CANADA DAY CELEBRATIONS
Canada Day at Canada Place
July 1, 2018
This award-winning event, presented by the Port of Vancouver, is the largest Canada Day celebration outside our nation’s capital.
Date: July 1, 2018
Location: Canada Place and surrounding city streets
Daytime event featuring performances by Kutapira, Early Spirit, En Karma, Leisure Club, Weaves, and many more
- Main stage headliner performance by JoJo Mason
- Citizenship Ceremony welcoming 60 new Canadians
- Coast Capital Savings Youth Zone
- Canadian Forces Zone with incredible displays and interactive exhibits
- Innovation Zone
- Canada On Screen featuring videos from the National Film Board of Canada
- Picnic Plaza with picnic tables and family-friendly activities
- Food trucks
- Fireworks Show
- Canada Day at Canada Place is the best way to celebrate our nation’s birthday!
* Important Update about the Canada Day Parade *
Please note that after careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to no longer host the Canada Day parade.
Imin Consulting (Canada), Ltd.
#1500-701 W. Georgia St
Vancouver, BC, Canada V7Y 1C6
Tel: 604.904.2233 | Fax: 604.608.9889