Hungarian Investment Immigration Program

Program Overview:

The Hungarian Investment Immigration Program allows non-European Union citizens to acquire Hungary’s residency, and – after 6 months – permanent residency status through investing in Special Hungarian Government Bonds that have a 5-year maturity and are issued by the State through the Hungarian Government Debt Management Agency.

Applicants are required to first purchase the Special Hungarian Government Bonds, which will be held for a period of minimum 5 years.  The minimum initial investment by each subscriber is EUR 250,000.  The applicants’ investment will be 100% returned after the 5 year period.  Successful applicants who already hold the permanent residency status would keep this status once obtained, even after the redemption of their investment.

Hungary I

Application Process:

  1. Deposit €250,000 into a designated account and apply to Immigration Hungary
  2. A 5-year Residency Permit will be issued
  3. After 6 months, register an address in Hungary and apply for Permanent Residency Permit
  4. A 5-year Permanent Residency Permit will be issued

In addition, after residing in Hungary for 8 years, permanent residents of Hungary will be eligible to apply for Hungarian Citizenship and obtain an European passport.  With an European passport, EU citizens are entitled to the right of free movement in the European Economic Area (European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) and Switzerland, without a visa.

  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus (the Greek part)
  • Denmark
  • Germany
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Greece
  • United Kingdom
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Austria
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Slovenia
  • Slovakia
  • Spain
  • Czech Republic
  • Sweden


Would you like to find out if you are eligible to apply for the Hungarian Investment Immigration Program?  Please click the image below and complete our online consulting request form.  Professor Daniel Won will make an assessment for your case!