Post-grad Permit


For foreign students who hold a valid Study Permit and attend Canadian post-secondary institutions, there are three types of Work Permit they can obtain.

Co-op Work Permits are for students who practice co-op jobs during the progress of their study. Co-op jobs are related to the field of study, and are usually mediated by the school. During the allowed working period, co-op students can work full time off-campus and return school to continue their study after the work term.

Off-campus Work Permits are for students attending certain post-secondary institutions. They can work part-time with the limitation of 20 hours per week.

Post-Graduation Work Permits are for college/university students who seek work opportunities after the completion of their study. At this time, only graduates from certain colleges can apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit, and the valid period varies based on the length of their study, with a limit of 3 years.

Required Documents

  1. Application Form (IMM 1249) – Download
  2. Document Checklist (IMM 5583) – Download
  3. Graduate Certificate
  4. Transcript
  5. Passports and 2 photos of you and any accompanying family members

Co-op : The student must acquire a co-op verification letter from the school.
Off-campus : A validation form must be acquired to mail with the application.

Processing Time

The processing time for Co-op, Off-campus, and Post-Graduation Work Permit is about 3 to 4 weeks.


Application Processes

PGWP Application Processes